Monday, April 22, 2013

KCW is about to begin...

And I've picked up a horrid cold! I was preparing for it really well, with lists written, patterns traced, fabrics washed & ironed, and some even cut... This cold has me wishing I could take some decent cold and flu meds, but breastfeeding means I'm relying on ginger tea to soothe the throat (an old friend suggested apple cider vinegar in warm water, but I struggled to get that down!!), hot showers to clear the sinuses and more than one box of extra soft tissues for the drippy nose.


I snatched half an hour yesterday to sit in my favourite spot on a sunny autumn day, with my pot of tea and the first Geranium, to hand stitch the lining to the bodice. I also managed to sew on a few buttons that had fallen off the boy's pyjamas too. It was a relaxing way to ease into KCW, but now I'm hoping to find enough clear headedness and motivation to sew up the items planned for the week.
Are you taking part in KCW? Let me know in the comments and I'd love to follow along with what you're making too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!