Friday, June 24, 2011

Sewing For Boys.

They always miss out don't they?  Possibly because there really isn't much scope for creativity in their wardrobe as opposed to the myriad of options for girls?!  But with two little boys here, always asking if I'm making something for them, I thought it was about time I got my act together and tried something for them (other than pyjamas, that is!).

I was hugely inspired by Meg's Kids Clothing Week Challenge over at Elsie Marley?  If I hadn't been in the middle of {controlled} chaos in the lead up to Handmade Canberra's Upmarket, which was fabulous as always, I'd have loved to sew along too.  Instead I stashed away some patterns and decided once the market craziness was over, I'd give them a go.  Starting with the Heidi & Finn Urban Hoodie, which I'm currently making for my littlest man... and hoping he'll love it as he's always asking to wear "fluffy jackets", by which he means fleecy hoodies as opposed to knitted ones.


I also love the Oliver & S patterns, again lots of gorgeous girly patterns but these two for the boys are just calling out to be made.  I also recently purchased the Oliver + S book Little Things To Sew, and am hoping to make the Explorer Vest with it's multitude of pockets.  What is it with boys loving pockets, they never grow out of it??  Do you have any other 'go to' boys clothing patterns?  Please share if you do and I'll have to add them to my list of things to sew!




1 comment:

  1. As a mother of lots of girls, all i can say is that sure, we have choice of tops, skirts, dresses, shorts, pants, pinafores . . . we spend 10 times more on girls too!! My boy is very economical, alas, many of the things i buy for him are from you!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!