Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hello 2014!


We're almost a month into the new year and it's been too long since I popped in here!  Our family has been busy enjoying the summer, taking things slow, heading to the beach, parks, pools, cricket and catching up with friends.  

 
It's been delightful and I'm reminding myself to enjoy the chaos and mess from having all five of us home because before long the boys will be back at school and work, there will be uniforms to iron and lunchboxes to fill, notes to keeps track of and schedules to keep!

I have also used the last few weeks to finish up projects that I started during the previous year, and ended up relegating to the WIP pile.  I've finished crocheting a lap rug, and quilting and binding two single bed quilts for the boys, during hot summer days and nights.  I am so very thankful for air conditioning as most of it has been done while sitting right under the cold air, and now we're all ready for some cooler weather!





They are far from my best work, and quilting them was one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. I have so much respect for those makers who churn out quilts each week, I don't know how they do it! These have taken me months to make, in between sewing for Indigo Elephant, and working on other bits and pieces, but it's definitely rewarding to see them finished and know that the boys love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you, please leave me a comment!!